Why Work With Us?
At The Gottman Institute, we inspire, support, and challenge each other every day as we find new ways to bring greater love and health to relationships all over the world. We are clinicians, scientists, thinkers, writers, marketers, and designers who are smart, fun, and truly dedicated to making a difference.
Our office is located in the Fourth and Blanchard Building in the heart of downtown Seattle with seventeenth floor views looking out over the Olympic Mountains and the waters of the Puget Sound.
Benefits of Working at The Gottman Institute
- Competitive compensation
- Relationship skills
- Paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including health insurance
- ORCA card
- Bring your dog to work
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
- Free monthly catered lunches
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, baseball games, and more
Instructional Design Specialist
Reports to: Online Learning Production Manager
We’re seeking an experienced Instructional Design Specialist to collaborate with internal and external subject matter experts and a cross-functional team to create and deliver exceptional online learning experiences for consumers and professionals who are dedicated to strengthening relationships. In this role, you will analyze needs and design and develop new instructional materials and assessments, as well as repurpose existing live workshop curriculum for online learning.
- Analyze stakeholder needs and identify opportunities to design and develop online learning experiences
- Design and develop online learning experiences
- Evaluate the effectiveness of online learning experiences
- Skills and Knowledge
- Advanced knowledge of adult learning theories, research-based instructional design methods, and assessment strategies
- Advanced skills in using strong interpersonal, written, and visual communication to bring together text, images, video, and audio to communicate and create training tools and instructional content
- Ability to apply principles of universal design and accessibility in online learning
- Proficiency with software such as MS Office, Google Docs, project management and online content authoring tools, learning and content management systems
- Ability to design and develop advanced professional, graduate, or postgraduate level training programs for adult learners
- Master’s Degree in Education, Instructional Design, or Instructional Technology preferred. Related educational experience considered
- Educational background in psychology, social work, marriage and family therapy or related field preferred
- At least three years of experience in instructional design, curriculum development, training, adult learning, and digital learning technology in a Professional Education setting
- Experience building and delivering advanced professional, graduate or postgraduate level training programs for adult learners
- Experience developing courses using multimedia authoring tools, and learning management systems
To apply for this role, please send your resume or LinkedIn profile link with a brief introduction email to Ed Sargent at email@example.com. Applications with portfolios or work samples will receive first priority review. We encourage applications from women, people of color, people with disabilities, veterans, and candidates from underrepresented backgrounds.