Thank you for considering the Gottman Relationship Blog as a place to publish your work! We are interested in receiving compelling and unique articles and stories about contemporary relationships, marriage, dating, parenting, and mental health that can reasonably fit within the field of relationships and related psychological research.
Most importantly, all of the content posted on the Gottman Relationship Blog must be based in research or evidence-based clinical methodology. Personal anecdotes and stories are highly encouraged, but please make sure the story has a connection to psychological research. The best way to see what kind of articles we’d like to publish is to read numerous articles from the Gottman Relationship Blog prior to submitting.
While we are a research-based blog, we prefer articles that use language that is accessible for all kinds of readers, ranging from mental health professionals to individuals or couples looking for ways to improve their relationships or dating lives.
To submit your work, please fill out the submission form below, and please adhere to the following requirements:
- Please include your name and title of your article at the top of your document
- File formats accepted: Microsoft Word compatible .doc or .docx
- Length: 800 to 1200 words, but longer submissions may be considered
- Do not use formal citation styles (e.g. APA, MLA, or Chicago Manual); instead, provide hyperlinks within the text of your article to your sources
- Previously published articles are accepted, but only if we have permission to republish the article on our website
- Simultaneous submissions are accepted, but please contact us if your article has been accepted for publication elsewhere
- Please perform a spelling and grammar check prior to submission
- Please make sure that your article is inclusive for a large and diverse audience of all genders and sexual orientations
We will review and edit your article if it has been accepted, and we will not publish your article without your approval of any edits. After submission, please allow up to six weeks for our decision. If you have not heard from us after six weeks, you can contact us for an update on when you can expect a decision.
We aim to publish original content that will perform best with our audience, so please keep in mind that we do reserve the right to accept or reject submissions at our discretion. We want to publish your very best writing, so show us what you’ve got!