This month we were featured in an 8,000 word essay from The Huffington Post, presented 16 couples workshops and professional trainings around the world, and Dr. John Gottman was named “the Einstein of love” by Psychology Today.
“Month in Review” is a feature on The Gottman Relationship Blog that gives you the opportunity to recap the news and events of the last month. Below you will find useful information and links from August, including mentions in the media, important announcements, blog postings, class photos, and more.
Once upon a time, in the Pony Expresso cafe in Seattle, a man and a woman began to experience the long-mysterious but increasingly scientifically investigated thing we call love. The first stage is called “limerence.”
- Bustle: 5 Signs You’re in The Wrong Relationship, Because a Relationship Doesn’t Have to be Bad to be Bad For You
- Bustle: This one Thing Will Hurt Your Relationship More Than Cheating Ever Could, Because Negativity is the Cold Hand of Death
- Bustle: Why Cooking Food With Your Partner Should be Your New Relationship Goal
- Dangerous Intersection: Eric Barker Compiles 5 Shortcuts to Bonding Deeply With a Romantic Partner
- Deseret News National: This Journalist Searched for Love Guidance, and What she Found Gave Some Help
- Getting Smart: 12 Ways to use Inside Out to Teach SEL, STEM, and Life’s Ups & Downs
- Huffington Post: 3 Gifts Hidden Inside Every Twinge of Jealousy
- Huffington Post: The 6 Secrets of Couples Who Stick Together Forever
- MSN Lifestyle: 15 Sneaky Signs a Marriage may end in Divorce
- Nextshark: Science Has an Extremely Accurate Way to Determine Whether Your Relationship Will Last
- NY Mag: Will Science Ever be Able to Explain Love?
- Psych Central: Focus a Path Toward Befriending Feelings
- Psychology Today: A Positive Template for Ending Marital Fights
- Seattle Mag: Dating Tips From the Experts
- TIME: 5 Shortcuts to Bonding Deeply With a Romantic Partner
THE 2015 SUMMIT
Have you registered yet? It’s not often we have the opportunity to see and learn from multiple thought leaders in our field. The Summit provides an excellent venue for each of us to come together in a spirit of collaboration and expand our therapeutic tool kits.
To secure your seat, click here.
NEW ON THE GOTTMAN RELATIONSHIP BLOG
Drawing from my experiences as a teacher and what I continue to discover as a parent, here are 12 tips for how to use Inside Out to help kids learn about the brain, emotions, and themselves.
“The EINSTEIN OF LOVE”
Dr. John Gottman is named “The Einstein of Love” by Psychology Today in the October 2015 print issue. On newsstands everywhere now!
FEATURED INSTAGRAM POST
#SmallThingsOften is the idea that the small, positive things done often make the difference in relationships that thrive. We share our favorite submissions every Wednesday!
50,000 Facebook fans
We hit 50,000 likes on Facebook this month. If you haven’t already, make sure to like our Facebook page. We post compelling articles, class photos of our trainings, inspiring quotes, and more.
FEATURED CLASS PHOTO
This month’s featured class photo is from a Gottman Level 3 Training presented by Lisa Lund, CRC, MFT and Bob Navarra, Psy.D, MFT in Sebastopol, CA. To see more photos from professional training events around the country, click here.
WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU
Do you have a blog topic that you want us to write about? Tell us on the form below.
This form is no longer available.More in Month in Review