This month Master Certified Gottman Therapist and Trainer Carrie Cole, M.Ed. was named Research Director of The Gottman Institute, Drs. John and Julie Gottman announced their new book, The Man’s Guide to Women, and we kicked off a new research project.
“Month in Review” is a feature on The Gottman Relationship Blog that gives you the opportunity to recap the news and events of the last month. Below you will find useful information and links from January, including mentions in the media, important announcements, blog postings, class photos, and more.
There’s this guy. His name is John Gottman. And he is like the Michael Jordan of relationship research.
- AVL Couples Therapy: 7 signs you are doing marriage right
- AVL Couples Therapy: Are these little moments causing divorce?
- AVL Couples Therapy: Weekend activity: a toast to your partner
- Business Insider: 4 characteristics of a doomed relationship
- Business Insider: A Harvard psychiatrist says 3 things are the secret to real happiness
- Business Insider: A psychologist who’s studied couples for decades says this is the best way to argue with your partner
- Business Insider: Psychologists figured out one trait that makes relationships last
- Bustle: How couples in long-term relationships fight and stay together
- Huffington Post: 10 books for a healthy relationship every couple should read
- Huffington Post: Don’t give up when he (or she) won’t open up
- Independent: The four things that kill any relationship
- Life Hack: Psychologists confirm 5 signs that show you are in a long lasting relationship
- Marriage365: 25 fun questions to ask your spouse
- News Works: The best and worst ways to disagree with your partner in front of the kids
- Psych Central: Book Review: 10 Principles for Doing Effective Couples Therapy
- Psychology Today: The 5 active ingredients of date night
- Relationship Matters: Three Essential Traits of a Solid Union
- #StayMarried Blog: 3 Questions to Set up Your Marriage for a Great New Year
- Verily Mag: 3 simple strategies for sending quality time with your spouse – even when you’re busy
- Verily Mag: How to keep your marriage strong before, during, and after a crisis
New on The Gottman relationship Blog
New from the “Love Lab” comes the book that I have been struggling to write for the past decade. This masterwork finally tells the story of what women want in a man, and how important men are in the fate of their relationships with women.
- Carrie Cole Named Research Director of The Gottman Institute
- Turning Toward Our Children: Answering Bids for Connection
Carrie Cole Named Research director
We are pleased to announce that Master Certified Gottman Therapist and Trainer Carrie Cole, M.Ed. has been named Research Director of The Gottman Institute. Carrie will be conducting and overseeing TGI’s research studies in collaboration with Drs. John and Julie Gottman.
Featured Instagram Post
Are you following us on Instagram? We provide practical skills to strengthen relationships.
Featured Class Photo
This month’s featured class photo is from a Gottman Level 3 Training presented by Carrie Cole, M.Ed., LPC and Don Cole, D.Min., LPC, LMFT in Houston, TX. To see more photos from professional training events around the country, click here.
More in Month in Review