This month Drs. John and Julie Gottman hosted a Level 1 Clinical Training in Seattle, we presented 14 events around the world, and we launched a major redesign to our website.
“Month in Review” is a feature on The Gottman Relationship Blog that gives you the opportunity to recap the news and events of the last month. Below you will find useful information and links from June, including mentions in the media, important announcements, blog postings, class photos, and more.
When you argue, you are at your most animal. Your brain literally enters fight-or-flight mode, your heart-rate escalates, and logic and reasoning physically shut down.
- Business Insider: A Relationship Expert Shares the Trick to Getting Your Way in Any Situation
- Bustle: 11 Tips for Fighting Fairly & Productively in a Relationship
- Channel 3000: Disconnect: Finding Connections by Unplugging
- Couples Thrive: Raise Kids That Are Happier, Smarter, and Emotionally Connected
- Family Share: 2 Traits Scientifically Proven to Make Your Relationship Last
- The Good Men Project: How to Have the Same Fight Differently
- The Huffington Post: 10 Signs you Have a Solid Foundation for a Marriage
- The Huffington Post: 15 Illustrations That sum up the Secrets of Long-Lasting Relationships
- Life Hack: 6 Good Predictors of Marital Happiness
- Life Hacker: Look for Matching Meta-Emotions When Trying to Find a Romantic Partner
- Marriage 365: 25 Fun Questions to ask Your Spouse
- Motherly: 8 Reasons Committed Sex is the Best Sex—the Experts Weigh in
- The New York Times: The Loss of Love and Respect Can be Hard to Repair
- Nurturing Marriage: 5 Positive Ways to Handle Conflict in Marriage
- PsychCentral: 3 Things You Might be Neglecting in Your Relationship—and Tips to Help
- PsychCentral: 7 Ways to Improve Connection in Your Relationship
- Reader’s Digest: 6 Phrases Guarantee to Make any Argument Worse
- Science of People: How to Make Your Gut Instinct More Accurate
- Seattle Met: Can Gay Marriage Save Marriage?
- Thought Catalog: Even Soulmates Face Relationship Problems
- Verily Magazine: 3 Bad Dating Habits We’re All Guilty of And How to Avoid Them
- Verily Magazine: 3 Marriage-Saving Skills That Can Help You Through the Hardest of Times
- Verily Magazine: 5 Easy Ways to Make Your Man Feel Loved and Appreciated
- Verily Magazine: 5 Steps to Save Your Marriage From That Recurring Argument
- Verily Magazine: After 10 Years of Marriage, Here’s What I Wish I Had Learned Before We Said “I Do”
- Verily Magazine: Easy Ways to Connect With Your Guy After a Long Day
- Yahoo: 60 Ways to Be Healthier in 60 Seconds or Less
- Your Tango: 6 Relationships Traps Healthy, Successful Couples AVOID at all Costs
NEW ON THE GOTTMAN RELATIONSHIP BLOG
Differences in a relationship are often seen as something negative, but they actually can serve a great purpose.
LEVEL 1 TRAINING HOSTED BY THE GOTTMANS
This past weekend, John and Julie Gottman presented the Level 1 Training in Seattle, WA. The venue was packed with therapists that were eager to learn the Gottman Method. Interested in attending a Level 1 Training? Click here to learn more.
Are you following us on Twitter? We provide practical skills to strengthen relationships.
FEATURED CLASS PHOTO
This month’s featured class photo is from a Level 1 Training presented by Donald Cole, D. Min. LPC-S, LMFT-S and William Bumberry, Ph.D.
To see more photos from professional training events around the country, click here.
More in Month in Review