This month Drs. John and Julie Gottman presented a Level 1 Training to a packed house in Salt Lake City, Utah, Dave Penner, Ph.D. and Laura Heck, LMFT traveled over to New Orleans, Louisiana and presented a Seven Principles Program Educator Training and a Bringing Baby Home Educator Training, we launched our first online training program for professionals, and we hosted 23 trainings and workshops all over the world.
“Month in Review” is a feature on The Gottman Relationship Blog that gives you the opportunity to recap the news and events of the last month. Below you will find useful information and links from March, including mentions in the media, important announcements, blog postings, class photos, and more.
For most of my life, I’ve believed the myth that good marriages are relatively free of conflict. This misconception has caused me anguish on many occasions.
- Brit + Co: Why getting over the honeymoon phase is actually a good thing
- Daily Mail: He’s spent 40 years battling to help couples in crisis
- Glamour: 5 ways to get somewhere when you argue
- The Good Men Project: 4 things to never say to a woman
- Greatist: Why you should go on a second date (even if there was no spark)
- Huffington Post: Can a marriage thrive with unresolved conflict?
- Independent: I always argue with my partner – is our relationship doomed to fail?
- PR Log: US based Gottman Institute set to conduct breakthrough workshop in Dubai
- Relationship Rules: So-called toxic relationship habits which are actually very healthy
- Revelist: Happy couples only need to have these 2 things in common
- Salon: The “kiss of death”: one behavior, above all, can doom a relationship
- Sun Gazing: The 4 destructive behaviors that will ruin your relationship according to science
- Thought Catalog: 20 questions that reflect how healthy your relationship truly is
- Truth Code: 10 ways that happy couples argue differently
- Verily Magazine: 7 easy tips to help you live a more organized, intentional life this spring
- Verily Magazine: The one little word that can help you build a strong marriage, starting today
- Welfare Society Territory: John Gottman’s five rules for saving a marriage
- WGNTV.com: Dos & don’ts for parents when giving guidance in a relationship
Gottman online course for professionals
In partnership with PESI, we launched a six-week course for professionals that includes seven hours of online video training with Drs. John and Julie Gottman. It dives into the toughest areas that arise when working with troubled couples, including infidelity and affairs, lies and trust, arguing and blaming, resistant partners, trauma, and PTSD. To learn more and to enroll, click here.
The man’s guide to women
The Man’s Guide to Women is now available for purchase in the Gottman store.
Drs. John and Julie Gottman Present level 1 Training in Utah
Drs. John and Julie Gottman presented to a full-house in Salt Lake City, Utah. To learn more about our Level 1 Training, click here.
Featured Instagram Post
Are you following us on Instagram? We provide practical skills to strengthen relationships.
Featured Class Photo
This month’s featured class photo is from a Seven Principles Program Educator Training presented by Dave Penner, Ph.D. and Laura Heck, LMFT in New Orleans, LA. To see more photos from professional training events around the country, click here.
More in Month in Review