Clinicians – listen up! Today on the Gottman Relationship Blog, we would like to take the opportunity to highlight the upcoming Johnson-Gottman Summit. As announced earlier this year on our official Facebook and Twitter accounts, The Gottman Institute will be bringing Dr. Sue Johnson, Dr. John Gottman, and Dr. Julie Gottman together for the first time ever to lead a two-day clinical training. This is a rare opportunity to see a collaboration of minds from the most influential therapists in the field.
When couples enter the therapy office, they are filled with pain and despair. They look to you, the clinician, to address their conflicts, recover from distress, and help them repair their relationships. Learn how to overcome therapeutic barriers, increase your competence as a therapist, and integrate a toolkit of evidenced-based interventions from EFCT and GMCT into your practice. Leave this workshop feeling empowered to make lasting change in your clients’ lives.
In this groundbreaking two-day training, you will:
- Gain strategies for treating escalating, volatile, disengaged, shut down, sabotaging and resistant couples
- View videos of actual therapy sessions with Drs. John & Julie Gottman and Dr. Sue Johnson.
- Experience interactive dialogue and dynamic presentations explaining the different approaches between EFCT and GMCT when treating complex issues
- Gain insights to therapeutic techniques for treating PTSD and Trauma
- Discover how research has impacted the quality and effectiveness of couple therapy
- Learn pitfalls that block therapeutic progress and gain strategies to overcome them
Workshop Date and Location:
July 12 & 13, 2013
Meany Theater at The University of Washington
Following completion of the Johnson-Gottman Summit, participants will be able to:
- Summarize the research and clinical models of EFCT and GMCT
- Apply efficacy-based approaches to treating PTSD
- Describe interventions for treatment of the following:
- Escalation with Volatile couples
- Shut down with Distant couples
- Resistance with Sabotaging partners
- PTSD with Traumatized partners
- Affairs with Betraying partners
- Compare other models of couple therapy to EFCT and GMCT
This training is approved for 12 CE’s.
Early registration will end March 1st. Purchase your tickets before 3/1 to guarantee the lowest price! Priority seating is limited and will be sold on a first-come-first-serve basis. Upgrade option is available on the official registration page.
- General Admission: $325
- Military or Student Rate: $295
- Gottman Certified Therapists or EFT Certified Therapists: $295
- Priority Seating Upgrade: $50
More to come…
This event will sell out its 1,200 capacity so be sure to reserve your spot through our registration page before it’s too late. Also, be sure to join the official Johnson-Gottman Summit Facebook Event to receive up-to-date information and announcements.More in The Archives