Learn key steps to making repairs and getting back on track after regrettable incidents.
This booklet is one of 6 that comes in our sampler, The Relationship Guide. Here we make it available in packs of 10 for therapists to give to clients, or as a PDF to download and print out as therapists need.
Clinicians: reach for this quick, handy guide to remind you of the Gottman Method Therapy steps that get couples back on track after a fight or regrettable incident. It outlines the 5 steps needed to process conflict and reclaim good will. The Aftermath booklet reminds couples to assess:
Couples, this item is a short outline that references other Gottman materials from our popular workshops. If you’re looking for a more complete and complex product to use in your relationship, we’d like to suggest either starting with The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work or The Art & Science of Love home workshop.
See the other booklets in our “Relationship Guide” series:
- Relaxation – learn the simple methods for self-soothing and reducing stress
- How to be a Great Listener – guide to really hearing and understanding what your partner is trying to say
- Small Things Often – daily guide to the specific things that create stronger bonds
- Avoid the Four Horsemen – learn how to prevent Criticism, Defensiveness, Contempt & Stonewalling
- Fondness and Admiration – proven way to increase positive feelings toward your partner
11 pages, 5" x 6"Author
The Gottman InstituteLanguage
Paper or PDF