For clinicians trained in Levels 1, 2 and/or 3! Save these core Gottman Method tools to your computer and expand your strategies with couples in your clinical practice. These digital files (PDFs) are for Gottman-trained clinicians who wish to conveniently print unlimited copies of Gottman Method Assessments for their work in private practice and agency settings. You may also email the assessments to your clients, have them print and fill out, and bring to subsequent sessions.
Updated PDF files (2014) include:
- 20 Gottman Method Core Assessments
- Easy-to-use scoring keys and interpretation guidelines
- Additional questionnaires
During the Level 1, 2 and 3 trainings, Drs. John Gottman and Julie Gottman review the background and context of these Assessments and teach clinicians the art of integrating them into their work with couples. These Assessments are included in the two clinical training manuals used in Level 1 and Level 2.
July 2014 Version edited as follows:
- The 20 item SRH scales have been replaced with the 5-item scales (except for Sex, Romance, and Passion). The 20 item scales will no longer be used. The 5-item scales are now scored and interpretive information is included. These are the best five items, from the longer 20 item scales, which psychometrically correlate most highly with the total scale score. Thus, it’s not just what questions appear to be most related, but those questions which actually are. An article written by John Gottman, “Reliability and Validity of the Sound Relationship House Scales,” is included at the end of the attached written questionnaire section to provide more information.
- The Trust and Commitment questionnaires have been moved to the Sound Relationship House. The Trust and Commitment questionnaires are now placed with the SRH scales as the Sound Relationship House now includes these dimensions. Flooding was also removed from the Detour Scales as it is redundant with the Flooding scale in the SRH questionnaires. Because of these changes, there are now only three Detour scales, not six.
- The Drug and Alcohol Screening questionnaire has been replaced with the CAGE- AID and the Brief Michigan Alcohol Screening Test (b-MAST)
- A Scoring Summary Sheet with Interpretation Guidelines was developed and added
- An article by John Gottman on the Reliability and Validity of the Gottman Sound Relationship House Scales has been added