This 90 minute audio program is a wonderful overview of Dr. Gottman’s research and findings on raising emotionally healthy kids.
“A significant gift to parents and children.” – Common Boundary
An outstanding resource for parents and caregivers! Dr. Gottman explains how research has yielded better methods to coach children to regulate their emotional world. This increases self-confidence, improve school performance, and contribute to greater physical health and healthier social relationships. For parents of children of all ages, Raising an Emotionally Intelligent Child helps explain how parents and child can enrich their bonds, and contributes immeasurably to the development of a generation of emotionally healthy adults.
Watch on Vimeo on Demand here!
Dr. Gottman draws on his studies of more than 120 families to zero in on the parenting techniques that ensure a child’s emotional health. In short, these are:
- Be aware of a child’s emotions
- Recognize emotional expression as an opportunity for intimacy and teaching
- Listen empathetically and validate a child’s feelings
- Label emotions in words a child can understand
- Help a child discover appropriate ways to solve a problem or deal with an upsetting situation
Continuing Education: 1.5 CE hours available in partnership with PESI. Go to www.pesi.com/ce to download the CE forms for this product.
90 MinutesFormats Available