Attention hospitals and organizations!
Health care professionals across the country and around the world have embraced the BBH Program and are currently offering it to couples in their organizations and communities. Here in Seattle, Swedish Medical Center provides its clients with the option of completing BBH along with other birth preparation courses that prepare expectant couples for other aspects of this transition (e.g., breastfeeding, the birth, newborn health). The addition of the BBH curriculum provides couples with education beyond these courses. It is geared toward helping couples overcome the obstacles that they will inevitably face as a couple as they experience this challenging transition. The curriculum prepares couples for this period and offers them education on how to successfully navigate this transition in healthy ways. We’d like to extend the opportunity to host the BBH Program to your organization so that you can better serve your clients and help build healthier families from the start.
Onsite training cuts down on your travel expenses and allows you to train many staff and invite other attendees at one time. You choose the days that work for you and your team; you choose the location, and our Training Specialists will come to you!
The BBH Training is a high quality program that combines lecture, multi-media presentations, interactive exercise, hands-on “teach back” opportunities, discussion, and periodic quizzes. Your workshop includes a dedicated trainer to facilitate two days of research-based training and all workshop materials. Participants will be taught how to use the materials, content, tools and exercises, and will be able to teach the BBH workshop to parents immediately following the training.
After completing the training, participants will be able to
- Teach pregnant and parenting couples what to expect and how to prepare for the transition to parenthood
- Provide couples with useful tips on how to strengthen their relationships, and help to effectively manage stress and conflict
- Explain the signs of postpartum depression and mood disorders, and how to recognize and respond to these in relationships
- Educate parents about how to meet the emotional and psychological needs of a child
- Assist couples in creating a plan for keeping both parents involved in parenting
The Bringing Baby Home Program is currently facilitated by a wide range of certified professionals who have completed this comprehensive training. The BBH program can be modified to meet the varying needs of hospitals, community organizations, and professionals in private practice. The BBH program is currently being offered across the U.S. and in over a dozen countries worldwide.
If you are interested in onsite training, please contact our Speaker’s Bureau at (206) 523-9042 ext 111, or firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about availability and scheduling. We will do our best to work with your organization to find a time that works for you.
Who is this program designed for?
A variety of professionals – including educators, nurses, social workers, child and family therapists, birth and postpartum doulas, midwives, childbirth educators, professors, parent coaches and clergy – have taken the Bringing Baby Home Training and become Gottman Educators. The certification training program is designed for professionals who work with expectant parents and families with young children. Attendees learn the information and skills needed to facilitate BBH workshops for families in their own neighborhoods, organizations, and communities.
How many people can attend a training?
The attendance at a training is not limited. One presenter is able to teach up to 25 participants. To maximize high training standards, two presenters are involved with groups over 25.
What Materials Will the Participants Receive?
Each participant will receive the following training materials:
- One Training Manual: Certified Gottman Educator Training Manual, 300 pages. Developed and written by Drs. John and Julie Gottman and Master BBH Trainers, it includes all the teaching tools, exercises and research for successfully teaching the Bringing Baby Home Workshop.
- One Couple’s Workbook: Bringing Baby Home Couple’s Workbook, 150 pages. Includes insightful research, key parenting tips, guides and information, resources and interactive exercises. This is the manual that couples receive when taking the BBH Workshop from Educators.
- Six Card Decks: These fun, interactive cards are used in the Bringing Baby Home Workshop with parents as interactive exercises. Titles include: Love Map Cards, Love Map Cards For Couples with Kids, Open-Ended Questions Cards, Father’s Cards, Expressing Needs Cards, Softened Start-up Cards.
- PowerPoint for Educators: Newly revised and updated, this PowerPoint includes the official revised presentation of the BBH workshop in its entirety. Contains over 150 slides to help you successfully organize and present all BBH topics in your own workshop. Slides are organized by chapter and include new graphics, research charts and more. Each slide includes a ‘notebox’ (seen by presenter only) for adding personalized presentation notes. (PowerPoint download link will be provided via email.)
- BBH Videos: Narrated by Dr. John Gottman, the What’s Baby Saying? and Let’s Play with Baby videos are essential resources featuring authentic lab footage that focus on infant communication. Valuable films to show couples in your BBH classes!
What are the costs for the training?
- Tiered Trainers Fee
Two-Day BBH Educator Training:
- $7,500 for up to 25 participants
- $10,500 for up to 50 participants
- $13,500 for up to 100 participants
Three-Day BBH Educator Training (1-day add-on option for customizing the training to the organization):
- $10,000 for up to 25
- $13,000 for up to 50 participants
- $15,500 for up to 100 participants
- Workshop Materials:
The fee for Workshop Materials is $145 per person. This includes:
- One Gottman Educator Training Manual, 300 pages
- One BBH Couple’s Workbook, 150 pages
- Six Card Decks – cards for interactive exercises for parents
- Travel: Coach airfare for the BBH Trainer(s)
- Accommodations at a convenient location (3-4 nights, as needed), 1 room per Trainer
- Meals: Meal allowance up to $60 per day per Trainer.
How do I schedule a BBH Training?
If you are interested in onsite training, please contact our office at (206) 523-9042 ext 111, to inquire about availability and scheduling. We will do our best to work with your organization to find a time that works for you.
About The Gottman Institute
The Bringing Baby Home Program is operated under the auspices of The Gottman Institute (TGI.) Co-founded by Drs. John and Julie Gottman, TGI is an internationally renowned organization dedicated to researching and restoring relationships. TGI provides workshops, trainings and tools for couples, families and professionals. The Gottman Method is based upon Dr. John Gottman’s four decades of research with over 3,000 couples.