If you and your partner are interested in participating in this study, please double-check that you qualify, then complete the information below. Once you have submitted your application, a staff member will get in touch with you to see if the study is a good fit for you and your partner.
Questions may be directed to Research Director Carrie Cole here.
Do you qualify for the study?
- Heterosexual couples must be married
- Gay and lesbian couples must be married or in a committed relationship
- Couples who have attended The Gottman Institute’s couples workshop, The Art and Science of Love, or received couples therapy from a Gottman-trained therapist do not qualify for this study
Do you live in a qualifying location?
- Couples must be willing to travel to the office of a participating therapist. Check here for a list of specific geographic locations
How it works:
- If you and your partner are accepted into the study, you will be randomly assigned to a therapist in your area
- Couples must agree to attend approximately 20-30 sessions of couples therapy
- Couples will receive a 50% discount off the therapist’s regular rate
- The sessions with the therapist will be video recorded
- These videos will be confidential and will only be observed by a member of The Gottman Institute research team
- Couples will be asked to fill out multiple confidential questionnaires throughout the course of treatment
- For additional information on the study, click here